Providing the buildings, environments and technologies that people and communities want and can use. BRE Watford, 2-3 October 2013
– Four half day conference sessions covering key subject areas
- Behavioural change
- Impact of buildings on people/health
- Book any one for £125
– Free-to-attend innovation exhibition
– Visit the Integer House, newly refurbished as the Smart Home
- the iconic Integer House, built in 1998 completely refurbished for INSITE13 as an eco-house exemplar. Now, open to the public for the first time in ten years as part of BRE's Innovation Park, which is also free to visit during INSITE13. Book a free exhibition ticket now
INSITE13: How people use buildings
Everything that we do should be about creating sustainable places for people to live and work in, whether it’s building low-carbon homes, carrying out energy-efficiency refurbishments, or creating safe, healthy and sustainable urban spaces. The ultimate goal should be to increase comfort, safety, health and wellbeing, and helping people reduce their energy bills.
But are we succeeding? Evidence consistently shows, for example, that there is a gap between the expected energy-efficiency of buildings and their actual performance. Understanding how people use energy and what influences their energy use behaviour is vital; after all, buildings don’t use energy, the occupants do. Changing the way people behave is critical and the design of buildings and the technologies in them can influence this behaviour change.
The focus for INSITE13 is therefore based around people, taking into account some of the major changes currently playing out in our industry both nationally and internationally and encapsulated the following key areas:
Keep upto date: follow #INSITE13 on Twitter
Join speakers from
News from Building4Change
Image of the week: Everyman Theatre, Liverpool
£27m project looks to low carbon future with a view to its heritage
Homes made from waste
A blueprint for the future of housing opened in Brighton earlier this year and it is rubbish.
Excellent launch for new BREEAM scheme
Legal & General Property (LGP) receives ‘Excellent’ rating for the refurbishment of its Stockley Park rental offices to the new BREEAM Refurbishment and Fit Out scheme.
- See all news